Aaaaand we’re back. Keep hitting Refresh for updates as they are posted.
For those of you who missed yesterday, catch-up on the story so far here
Dave Ryan here with you from Naas itself. Just gonna run through the tweets and such you may have missed today, then I’ll pop down myself to have a look.
#occupynaas is still going strong. Good morning from Anthony Lawlors Constituency Office from Maynooth SU #stopfees #savethegrant (@naoiseoc)
- Lady just came to door offering support, sandwiches and coffee 🙂
#stopfees #savethegrant #OccupyNaas (@naoiseoc)
- Also she said her son is a lecturer in NUIM
#stopfees #savethegrant #OccupyNaas (@naoiseoc) #stopfees 21 hours 🙂 #OccupyNaas (@naoiseoc)
- Everyone go to tellyourtd.com
#stopfees #occupynaas (@RobertMunnelly) @stobserver Hour 22. (@RobertMunnelly)
Anthony Lawlor doesn’t want trouble for the occupiers, in a story from The Journal
- *In Big Brother voice* “Day 2 in the Anthony Lawlor House…” (@RobertMunnelly)
#occupynaas has being going on for 21 hours. #stillhere #stopfees (@RuaidhriBoland)
- interview from the guys in
@maynoothsu on @LMFMRADIO 🙂 (@maevekxxx) #occupynaas has made Italian news. (@RuaidhriBoland)
- Supporters been dropping by offering very kind words.
#occupynaas #stopfees (@RuaidhriBoland) @daveryanIV very nice @journal.ie price but is lawlor sending a underhad threat? “this could be bad for your future career” #occupynaas (JCrow06)
President Rob ‘Rodney’ Munnelly on Kildare TV yesterday
Attitudes around Naas toward the occupiers seems uniformly positive. Granted, today will be the first the majority of Naas will see the occupation (not a lot of foot traffic in that part of town in the evening)
Still, everyone seems to be set for the long haul: the public are bringing supply drops, the lads seem to be getting on fine, Anthony Lawlor doesn’t want to make this a national story, and the Gardai were thwarted by a locked door.
- I’d say the smell in there is something else. 😛 (Laura Feeney making perhaps the best point of the day.)
Right folks, I’m off down to check out the scenes at #occupynaas . Shane’s dropped off the face of the earth, so barring the odd tweet from me @daveryaniv , I’ll talk to you all ASAP, with some lovely pictures.
Shane is in work, but will be here sporadically and keeping an eye on the tweet machine. Don’t tell the boss
Dave here. I’m back, more on that shortly, but an impromptu debate between Lawlor and Rob Munnelly has begun outside the office on Kildare TV
Spirits are high within the Occupation, particularly after Dave supplied them with LOLs:
More of Dave’s photos from INSIDE #occupynaas this afternoon:
@daveryanIV Gender quotas? Anyone? (@eogriffin)
- Well done
#OccupyNaas ! Keep it up! (@gearoidbrennan) #stopfees Rob was just speaking with Anthony Lawlor in front of Kildare TV #OccupyNaas (@naoiseoc)
- Rob Munnelly vs. Anthony Lawlor on KTV: the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap, and I do not say that lightly
Right, I’m off to try record a podcast inside the occupation. Stay tuned.
- Contact Anthony Lawlor TD 0872753942 and tell him to keep his promise
#OccupyNaas #stopfees Need all support we can get!!! (@naoiseoc)
19.32- Dave here. I’m back from inside the Occupation. Spirits still high this evening, bolstered by the visit of USI President Gary Redmond. Pictures, and an exclusive podcast with Rob Munnelly coming shortly.
19.38- Listen to my interview with MSU President Rob Munnelly here
19.42- Pictures from inside this evening when USI President Gary Redmond visited the Maynooth 9 (Yes, it’s nine.)
19.54- More photos:
20.18- Members of the protest talking to Sinn Fein representative Martin Kelly as he made a brief visit earlier.
20.22- Tweet Machine:
- Sunday Business Post report fee increase of €250 in budget. Also reporting grant scheme for postgrads to be replaced with loan. Article says increase each year for 4 years. (@garyred)
@naoiseoc @maynoothsu Maith sibh lads. Agallamh iontach ar Kildare TV. Ná caill misneach. Lean Oraibh. #stopfees #occupynaas (@aodhanodea)
- Well done to the Maynooth SU reps
#stopfees #occupynaas who are occupying TD Anthony Lawler’s office to stop grant cuts and fee increases 🙂 (@cootzie)
20:31- For those who haven’t seen it:
Talk To Tony:
Call or text Anthony Lawlor TD on 087 275 3942 and tell him to keep his commitment not to raise third level fees or cutting the maintenance grant on Page 37 of the Fine Gael Election Manifesto. (MSU Facebook)
- I miss my mammy #stopfees #savethegrant #OccupyNaas (@naoiseoc)
- @naoiseoc #ManUp #StopFees (@KeithBroni)
- #OccupyNaas, you’ve got the support of my 72 year old Nana. “Fair play to them!” (@bopsicle)
In real world news, a new Red C poll shows Fianna Fail have overtaken Labour as the country’s second most popular party
@RuaidhriBoland Just looked at the video. Well done to Rob and all of you occupying. #stopfees #occupynaas (@thobiasinkblot)
- Thanks to EVERYONE for the support – it keeps us going.
#stopfees #occupynaas (@RobertMunnelly)
- Gach rud i gceart istigh anso faoi láthair na huaire
#stoptáillí #stopfees #savethegrant #OccupyNaas (@naoiseoc)
- ”This is not something I expected. I don’t want a repeat of this” -Anthony Lawlor T.D. Here’s an idea, don’t vote for savage austerity cuts and it won’t happen again. (Donal Fallon- he’s from the internet you know)
@RobertMunnelly It’s all changed out here now. We’re all on hoverboards and shit. #stopfees #occupynaas (@daveryaniv)
21.01- Right, off to grab a bit of food. Only be about ten mins. FAO Rob Munnelly: DO NOT DO ANYTHING OF NOTE WHILE I AM GONE.
21:35- Aaand I’m back
22:10- About to record a panel discussion on the Occupation so far. If you’d like to come on Skype and give your views, email firstname.lastname@example.org
22.54- RFM #23, which is a panel discussion between Dave Ryan, Shane McNally, and Darren Buckley about the occupation can be heard here
02.42- With the occupiers settling in following an intense game of Monopoly, I’m gonna sign off for the night. See y’all for day three. -Dave
-Join The Observer Community: